PublicPolicyAsia Advisors Pte Ltd is a premier strategic and business advisory company headquartered in Singapore. We are currently operating in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. We are expanding to the other emerging economies in Asia.
We are a young and dynamic firm working in multiple sectors for multinational companies, local enterprises, and intergovernmental and international organisations. We cover the following sectors: agriculture, animal health, dairy, plant science, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals and health supplements. We do projects with government agencies and regional and international organisations
We specialise in research, public policy, government affairs, trade policy, strategic communication, trade association management, publications, and customised training. As part of our services, we analyse public policy issues, develop strategies, work plans and stakeholder maps, engage key stakeholders, and undertake advocacy and strategic communications advisory.
We are looking for a Principal Consultant, Public Policy and Stakeholder Management for Asia. The ideal candidate will have good research, writing, communication, stakeholder engagement and management skills. In addition, the person must have a good understanding of the policy environment in Asia and be politically astute. Fluency in English and one other Asian language is preferred.
The Principal Consultant is expected to perform the following functions:
- Undertake regular monitoring and assessment of laws, policies, regulations, and developments in identified agricultural sectors
- Undertake special monitoring and assessment on international and regional organisations initiatives, policies, guidelines and recommendations and responses of countries in Asia
- Develop and support the implementation of clients’ strategies and action plans to address market access and regulatory issues
- Develop stakeholder maps and support stakeholder engagements
- Develop issue/crisis management plans and support their implementation
- Represent the company in local and regional industry associations and assume leadership roles
- Prepare papers, intervention notes, and reports for meetings with government agencies, industry associations and other meetings
- Work with company affiliates across the countries in engaging the relevant agencies in addressing market access and regulatory issues and the development and implementation of projects
- Support and participate in meetings, dialogues, workshops, and other events on behalf of the company and industry associations.
- Undertake any other public policy and government affairs work assigned
The expected qualifications are:
- At least eight years relevant experience in public policy, government affairs, corporate affairs, market access and regulatory affairs with at least four years in leadership positions.
- Work experience in animal health, meat, dairy and plant health, industry associations, regional organisations, and the government is preferred.
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Proficient in written and spoken English and one other ASEAN language
- Good communication and people skills
- Able to multi-task and complete work assignments on time (time management is critical)
- Independent, motivated and able to work as a team
This is a full-time position. The remuneration package will be based on the qualification and experience of the candidate.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position being applied in the subject line of your email. In addition, include a cover letter with the expected salary and an up-to-date resume. The application closes on December 31 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview. Thank you.